In this blog I will be showing you my monthly log bullet journal setup for February (in video form). The theme for my bullet journal has been travel and this theme focuses on Japan, the country of tea.
I have created a monthly set up that I hope you will re-create at home. I have been traveling the world from the comfort of my Bullet Journal. I thought about how we can’t all travel, explore and connect face to face at the moment but what is stopping us from doing it within our Bullet Journal?
Last month I was in the city of love, Paris. I had a lovely month focusing on fashion and indulging in croissants. This month I am traveling to Japan. Japan is famous for many things like the amazing hospitality, the fantastic tea and the yummy sushi (and other Japanese delicacies). Here are some of my favourite pictures of Japan –
My february Monthly Log Bullet Journal set up (video)
I have made a video of my monthly set up that you can follow along with and re-create at home.
Follow these steps to re-create my lovely monthly log at home.
- First of all turn to the next two blank pages in your bullet journal or wherever you have marked out for your monthly log to do.
- Make sure to stretch out the spine of your journal.
- Grab all of your pens, pencils and watercolours.
- Start my sketching out the outlines of the letters, boxes and the sushi. Use a pencil and sketch lightly like I do in this video.
- Once you have it set up the way you like it, outline all of your pencil markings with black pen.
- Then grab your watercolours and fill in the monthly squares. Alternate between two different colours.
- Make sure to lightly spread the watercolour so as not to make the page to wet.
- Next up use your watercolours to paint your sushi and the small monthly calendar (like in my video). Start of light and when it is all dry, go over it again to make the black pop.
- Use your black pen to go around and add in any bits you may have missed.
- Pick up your paint brush and some grey paint. Paint it around each box and in some letters to create a shadow. It really helps your page to pop!
- Then once everything is dry, get your white gel pen and draw a line in the inside of your monthly boxes.
- Once all of that is done, you will have your monthly log setup for February. Make sure to tag us if you re-create it and follow along with my video if you get stuck.
Did you enjoy this video? Let me know in the comments below. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram.
Leave a Reply